Click here to access resources for helping Ukraine during the current conflict.
Resources for local businesses
Access business support, advice and guidance in Richmond Borough, London and beyond. Sign up to their newsletter to receive the latest news and information. Useful links include:
The Support for small businesses page offers a range of resources including information on financing, venture capital funding, growing ideas, and attracting and retaining talent. You can find additional resources for businesses and the self-employed here. Useful links include:
Cost of living crisis: Resources, support and advice
There are numerous organisations at the local and national level that provide advice, support, grants, vouchers and other forms of assistance for those who are struggling financially.
Local support in Richmond Borough
Richmond Council also provides information on how to get help making energy saving improvements to your home. Find out more here.
In addition, Richmond Council provides numerous resources on council, government and community schemes that can help with the cost of food and household items. Visit the Richmond Council website here for full details on the below:
- Citizens Advice Richmond: Offers specialist advice on a range of issues, and hardship grants on behalf of other local funders and food vouchers.
- Richmond AID: Specialist benefits advice for people with disabilities.
- COVID-19 Hardship Fund: Can help households by providing support with groceries in the form of supermarket vouchers.
- Community Meals Service: A home meal service, particularly for those who are unable to cook for themselves.
- Food for Thought Heathfield: Offering surplus food from local retailers at a pop-up market stall on Heathfield Recreation Ground.
- Local Assistance Scheme: For those residents in receipt of welfare benefits, there are crisis grants available to help with essentials.
- No recourse to Public Funds Hardship Fund: For Richmond residents whose income has been affected by COVID-19 and have no recourse to public funds.
- Richmond Food Bank: Five food distribution points in and near the borough. You need a food voucher to get provisions from the Food Bank.
- RUILS: Providing support for adults and children with disabilities.
- Hampton Fund: Can help with fuel grants if you live in Hampton, Hampton Hill, Hampton Wick, Teddington, Twickenham and Whitton.
- The Real Junk Food Project: Turns surplus food from local retailers into meals they serve at their café. Open to anyone. Pay as you feel.
National support and resources
- Winter Fuel Payment: Find out if you are eligible here.
- National Energy Action (NEA): For advice and support for heating your home, click here or call 0800 304 7159. For steps to help you manage your energy bills and keep your home warm this winter, click here.
- Smart Energy GB: For tips on how to make small changes to improve the energy efficiency of your home, click here. To find out how to use a smart meter to save money, click here.
- Simple Energy Advice: For advice on how to reduce your energy bills, make your home warmer, plan home improvements and make your home greener, click here.
- Step Change Debt Charity: For expert debt advice and money guidance help, click here.
- National Debtline: For free independent debt advice, click here or call 0808 808 4000.
- The Money Advice Service: For free money advice to help improve your finances, click here or call 0800 138 7777.